Happy New Year!
Wisconsin Career Readiness Initiatives RECOGNIZED!
On the heels of a successful 2016 ACP Conference in Madison in December, the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and JP Morgan Chase announced that Wisconsin is awarded $2 million, over three years, to dramatically increase the number of students who graduate from high school prepared for careers by expanding and improving career pathways for all high school students!
- DPI's K12 visioning of college and career readiness,
- the Academic and Career Planning (ACP) process,
- dual enrollment access and attainment with our higher ed partners,
- industry recognized credentialing in HS through CTE Technical Incentive Grants,
- solid work-based learning programs for State Skills Standards and Youth Apprenticeship,
- overall talent development under the direction of the Council on Workforce Investment,
- regional partnerships under our Regional Economic Development partners, AND
- the supportive spirit of a variety of state level stakeholder decision makers!
- Milwaukee/CESA1 - school districts within the Milwaukee Area Technical College boundary at minimum
- Madison/CESA 2- school districts within the Madison College Technical College boundary at minimum
- Beaver Dam/Fond du Lac/CESA 6 - school districts within the Moraine Park Technical College boundary at minimum
- Baldwin-Woodville/Rice Lake/CESA 11 - school districts within the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College boundary at minimum
- NOTE: Regions were selected based on a combination of factors including: partnerships in place currently, geographic location, and available potential CEO Champions. It is envisioned that some regions will fold in other interested local school districts, beyond the designated boundaries, especially in the densely populated areas of Milwaukee & Madison.
ACP Program Updates
- 2016 Conference materials NOW available at LINK.
- Recordings of Conference Opening, Keynote, Administrator Panel- Coming soon!
- SAVE THE DATE: 2017 ACP Conference
- AUG 21-22, 2017, Madison, Monona Terrace.
- TRANSITION Back to School prepared to implement ACP with 2 beautiful summer Professional Development days on Lake Monona! Details coming soon!
- Great Team rates will again be made available!
- Revised Implementation web pages
- NEW Professional Learning Resources web pages with more ACP Lessons for districts ACP teams and staff